Heartland - Petra's Scotland pages

Isle of May

(first Scottish lighthouse)

Isle of May

This was the first permanent light station in Scotland.

Tower: Height: 24 metres, square tower on stone building

Elevation: 73 metres

Range: Flashing (2) white every 15 seconds, visible for 22 miles

This light is operational

Date established: 1636

Date present Tower built by Robert Stevenson: 1816

Date automated: 1989

Current use: Active aid to navigation
location

At the entrance of the Firth of Forth on the southeast coast of Scotland.

useful links
Northern Lighthouse Board - Isle of May


search this site:

 
 
 
Spiele